Department / Unit:
The Pembroke Regional Hospital has a requirement for one (1) Respiratory Therapist. This position is offered on a Temporary Part-time basis with a .3 FTE commitment.
Respiratory Therapists practise as members of a multi-disciplinary team in accordance with the Regulated Health Professions Act, the Public Hospitals Act, and the Standards set by the College of Respiratory Therapists of Ontario (CRTO). In keeping with the Hospital’s Mission, Vision and Values, and policies and procedures, RT’s provide professional care to patients.
Applicants must be available to work all shifts including weekends.
- Current certificate of competence as a Registered Respiratory Therapist with the College of Respiratory Therapists of Ontario
- Basic cardiac life support certificate
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and with respect in an oral and written format with patients , public , colleagues and other health disciplines
- Demonstrated effective problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to apply basic computer skills
- Demonstrated and proven ability to work in a collaborative care model with all members of the health care team
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of the CRTO standards of practice
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing education activities supporting ongoing professional learning
- Demonstrated commitment to patient safety
- Must have demonstrated ability to meet the attendance standards of the Hospital
- Bilingualism is preferred