Department / Unit:
The Pembroke Regional Hospital requires two (2) Cleaners to work in the Housekeeping Department. These positions are offered on a Casual basis.
Cleaners are responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the Hospital by following cleaning and sanitizing procedures, and by collecting, sorting and packaging all Hospital waste. The cleaner works as a member of the Hospital team to ensure that the physical environment is clean and tidy and that all persons entering the facility are protected from exposure to contaminants and infectious agents.
Applicants must be available for all shifts including weekends.
- Grade X
- Minimum of one year previous cleaning experience in a hospital environment
- Valid driver’s license
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Must be capable of operating heavy cleaning equipment
- Must be able to work alone and/or in a team environment
- Must have the ability to develop harmonious relationships
- Must have demonstrated ability to meet the attendance standards of the Hospital
- Bilingualism is an asset